Big reductions in allowances for capital gains tax and dividends announced in last November’s autumn statement invite the question: should we be re-thinking how we use investment bonds and GIAs?
In this lunchtime Assembly online, we were joined by Les Cameron from M&G Wealth to dig into the topic and consider the consequences for paraplanning of the changes.
Over the course of the hour we covered:
- the tax landscape and recent changes
- how the internal tax on investment bonds works
- pros and cons of each tax wrapper
- planning opportunities before and after tax year end
- how rebalancing, bed and ISA, DIMs and self assessment fit into planning
We concluded by taking a look at M&G’s new tax wrapper comparison tool.
Listen to this Assembly
As you can see below, we’ve published this Assembly as our latest podcast episode. Because Les is talking about the contents of a presentation, it’s definitely worth downloading his slidedeck (opens in PowerPoint online) and following along if you can.