State Pensions are an important part of many peoples’ financial plansplans and in this video we explore the considerations.
In this session we covered…
- How state pension age has changed and further proposals to amend Comparison of old State Pension and new State Pension
- What will your client get?
- What are the differences?
- How the State Pension is Accrued
- Qualifying National Insurance credits and pitfalls to avoid
- Working and retiring abroad
- State Pension death benefits
- Differences between old and new state pension
- Guiding your client through a State Pension forecast
- Assessing what your client may get
- Eligibility and cost of topping up state pension
- Considerations before topping up state pension
- State Pension deferral
- Comparison of old State Pension v new State Pension rules
- Who can defer?
- Considerations for deferring and alternative options