Explore the basics of ethical investing.
In this session we covered…
- Understanding the terminology – ethical, ESG, SRI, sustainable etc.
- Navigating the range of products and styles of ESG investing
- The change in attitudes to ESG among companies and investors
- Greenwashing! How can investors combat this?
- How ethical considerations vary for different asset classes and regions
- Pros and cons of the increasing amount of data and ESG ratings available
- Active versus passive in ESG investing, what are the advantages or disadvantages?
- Negative screening
- MIFid II – Discussions with your clients