Online Assembly x Vitality: Why we should all be talking about protection Wednesday 19 May 2021
What's it all about?
What’s it all about?
Welcome to the first of three Online Assemblies where we are partnering with Vitality to discuss protection.
Think of this as your Paraplanners Protection Toolkit, perfect for:
- Anyone with limited protection experience
- Anyone who wants to increase their understanding and want to introduce more protection into client plans
- Anyone who thinks they know it all but wouldn’t mind brushing up a little
So what’s up for discussion in episode one. Here’s the rundown:
- What is protection and a potted history
- Difference between assurance and insurance
- What is a life assurance company?
- What is reassurance company and where do they fit in?
- Who needs protection and why?
- The protection gap
- Why isn’t protection sold?
- How can paraplanners influence the inclusion of protection in a plan?
- Technical talk – what makes up a typical life policy and some jargon busting
As always you can put your questions to the panel and quiz them on their choices and add your thoughts.
Meet the panel
- Nick Telfer – Nick is Vitality’s Protection Development Manager. He has been working in the Financial Services industry for longer than he cares to remember working in a number of areas including sales, marketing and product research and development. Nick is passionate about protection and his experience has given him a unique knowledge of the market and the challenges it faces. When he isn’t working he enjoys walking, playing golf and watching sport, particularly cricket.
- Jonny Stubbs – Jonny has gained nearly 20 years experience in Financial Services from a number of different roles in advising, compliance and paraplanning (both in house and outsourced). Jonny currently heads up the team at LIFT-Financial in Cheshire. Jonny is passionate about all things financial planning, with a particular interest in how technology can be used to drive efficiencies and better communication with clients.
- Richard Allum -Founder of The Paraplanners (and manages to run a few paraplanner events, or something like that).
Q&A: When, where and how much?
Q: When and where will the event take place?
A: It takes place on our crowdcast channel here and is on Wednesday 19 May, 1.00-2.00pm.
Q: What if I can’t make it to the event?
A: There’s good news. Book a spot and watch a replay of the session whenever it suits you.
Q: How do I book my place and, if so, how much does it cost?
A: It’s FREE. Head over to the channel by clicking the ‘BOOK NOW’ button on this page, and once there click ‘SAVE MY SPOT’ for the event.