Online Assembly: State pensions with FundsNetwork Wednesday 5 August 2020
What's it all about?
Here at the Paraplanners Assembly, we’ve never addressed State Pensions but it’s an important part of many peoples’ plans. So, let’s fix that. Paul Squirrell, National Pensions Development Manager and pensions expert, from FundsNework is joining us to discuss this topic.
What we’ll cover…
State pension age
- How this has changed and further proposals to amend
Comparison of old State Pension and new State Pension
- What will your client get?
- What are the differences?
How the State Pension is Accrued
- Foundation amounts
- Qualifying National Insurance credits and pitfalls to avoid
- Working and retiring abroad
State Pension death benefits
- Differences between old and new state pension
Guiding your client through a State Pension forecast
- Assessing what your client may get
- Eligibility and cost of topping up state pension
- Considerations before topping up state pension
State Pension deferral
- Comparison of old State Pension v new State Pension rules
- Who can defer?
- Considerations for deferring and alternative options
So join us, with your lunch if you’ve managed to hold out to 1pm, as we talk state pension.
Meet the panel
- Paul Squirrell – Paul is the National Pension Sales Manager at FundsNetwork. Paul joined FundsNetwork in December 2007 from Scottish Widows where he was a Sales Manager working mainly in the employee benefits sector. Previous to this, he worked as an Independent Financial Adviser in the Suffolk area. Paul has over 30 years’ experience working in UK Financial Services and is qualified to QCF level 6.
- Richard Allum – Founder of The Paraplanners (and manages to run a few paraplanner events, or something like that).
Q&A: When, where and how much?
Q: When and where will the assembly take place?
A: This assembly takes place on our crowdcast channel here and is on Wednesday 5 August, 1.00-2.00pm.
Q: What if I can’t make it on the day?
A: That’s the good news. Book a spot and watch a replay of the session whenever it suits you.
Q: How do I book my place and, if so, how much does it cost?
A: It’s FREE. Head over to the online assembly channel by clicking the ‘BOOK NOW’ button on this page, and once there click ‘SAVE MY SPOT’ for the event.