Online Assembly: Exploring asset classes Wednesday 19 August 2020
What's it all about?
Asset classes? Know everything you need to know about them? Then this Online Assembly isn’t for you. It is for you if you are just getting started or are an experienced Paraplanner who wants to refresh your knowledge.
In this Online Assembly, we’ll cover…
- Diversification in a portfolio and how the client benefits
- The main asset classes (cash, bonds, shares, property), their characteristics and use
- Perceived risks and benefits
- Links to the risk profile
- What it is and how it works, with examples
- What it is and whether it works
- How it’s done
- Alternative asset classes
- Tax vehicles for diversification
- What does the future hold?
So join us, with your lunch if you’ve managed to hold out to 1pm, as we talk asset classes.
Meet the panel
- Mike Currie – Partner at Foresight Group. Mike joined Foresight in 2006 and is a Partner and the Head of Retail Sales in the London office. Mike is responsible for leading the marketing and sales of Foresight’s family of VCTs, EISs, Inheritance Tax Funds and OEICs. Since his arrival, the Group has broadened its focus to become a leading independent Infrastructure and Private Equity investment manager while Assets Under Management have grown from £90 million to over £4.5 billion. Earlier in his career Mike spent seven years at Matrix Group, where in 1997 his responsibilities included the original fundraise for Foresight VCT, or Foresight Technology VCT as it was then known, which since launch has become one of the all-time best performing VCTs.
- Mark Brennan – Lead Fund Manager at Foresight Group. Mark is the Lead Fund Manager responsible for investment decisions. He is also the Lead Fund Manager for the FP Foresight UK Infrastructure Income Fund, where he has a successful track record of investing in REITs. Prior to joining Foresight in 2017, Mark held a range of roles within the alternative investment space, including at Aberdeen Standard Investments and the UK Green Investment Bank.
- Richard Allum – Founder of The Paraplanners (and manages to run a few paraplanner events, or something like that).
Q&A: When, where and how much?
Q: When and where will the assembly take place?
A: This assembly takes place on our crowdcast channel here and is on Wednesday 19 August, 1.00-2.00pm.
Q: What if I can’t make it on the day?
A: That’s the good news. Book a spot and watch a replay of the session whenever it suits you.
Q: How do I book my place and, if so, how much does it cost?
A: It’s FREE. Head over to the online assembly channel by clicking the ‘BOOK NOW’ button on this page, and once there click ‘SAVE MY SPOT’ for the event.