A bond is for life (and beyond) - Utmost Series - Episode 3 Wednesday 4 November 2020
What's it all about?
We’re really pleased to welcome back Utmost Wealth Solutions for another new series featuring three online Assemblies. Yes, that’s right, three whole new episodes focussing on:
- Exploring UK tax basics
- Offshore bonds deep dive
- A bond is for life (and beyond)
There’ll be lots of good tips in each session, so we’d recommend registering for each episode separately so you don’t miss a thing.
Episode 3 – A bond is for life (and beyond)
Join us as we look at the lifetime handling of a bond, covering:
- Dealing with an estate
- What tax is due on a bond and who pays it?
- Succession planning
- How a Discounted Gift Trust can be used
- Single life or joint life?
- Using a Loan Trust
- What about the grandchildren?
We’d also recommend watching this video for the session.
Airing on 4th November 2020.
Looking for an introduction or useful refresher on UK tax for savings and especially offshore bonds? Look no further. This Online Assembly takes it all the way back to the essential basics.
- Overview of different taxes
- UK savings regime
- Structure of bonds
- Taxation of bonds
- Myth busting
- Reasons to use an offshore bond
Aired on 13th October 2020.
Getting into the detail on offshore bonds. Let’s see what we can get into in an hour.
- Chargeable event regime
- The power of gross roll up
- Top slicing – basic and advanced
- Update on the Silver case with worked examples
- Bonds v GIA
Aired on 21st October 2020.
Meet the panel
- Richard Allum – MD of The Paraplanners and manages to run a few paraplanner events.
- Steve Sayer – Utmost Wealth Solutions’ Technical Sales Manager with over 20 years’ experience in the international life assurance sector. During this time he has provided tax and trust technical services, specialising in non-domicile and IHT planning. He also has experience of cross-border planning and the development of products for the UK high-net-worth market.
Q&A: When, where and how much?
Q: When and where will the assembly take place?
A: This assembly takes place on our crowdcast channel here and is on Wednesday 4 November, 1.00-2.00pm.
Q: What if I can’t make it on the day?
A: That’s the good news. Book a spot and watch a replay of the session whenever it suits you.
Q: How do I book my place and, if so, how much does it cost?
A: It’s FREE. Head over to the online assembly channel by clicking the ‘BOOK NOW’ button on this page, and once there click ‘SAVE MY SPOT’ for the event.